Magnum Pleasure Store Insta-Famous Competition: Terms and Conditions
1. This promotion is open to anyone aged 18 or over, attending the Magnum Pleasure Store in London and who has an Instagram account, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. To enter, take a photo of your creation at the Magnum London Pleasure Store and (i) email the original photo file to firstname.lastname@example.org together with your name, a contact telephone number and your Instagram handle; and (ii) upload your photo to your Instagram feed with the hashtag #magnumldn.
3. The opening date for entries is 10am BST on Sunday 20th August 2017 and the closing date for receipt of entries is 6pm BST on Sunday 20th August 2017.
4. The promotion is limited to one entry per person.
5. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
6. Each entry:
a. must be suitable for display and publication and should not be obscene or indecent (including but not limited to nudity, pornography or profanity), it must not contain defamatory statements or words or symbols that are offensive either generally or to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group. It must not include threats to any person, place, business or group, it must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity, and it must not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations or network standards;
b. must not contain or refer to any products other than those Magnum and it must not contain or reference any third party trade marks or logos (other than those of Magnum) unless such inclusion is merely incidental and is not unduly prominent and as long as it is included with due cause and in such a way that it does not take unfair advantage of any third party trade marks; and
c. must be the entrant’s own work and must not contain any copyright protected works (other than as owned by the entrant).
7. If any group of people elects to collaborate on a submission, they are required to designate one person as the agent of the group to enter the promotion, agree to these terms and conditions and accept the prize on behalf of the group.
8. If you submit an entry that includes material the rights in which are owned by a third party, including intellectual property rights such as copyright and trade marks, you will be responsible for any legal action that party may take against you.
9. Entrants shall indemnify and hold the Promoter and their respective affiliates, directors, agents, or other partners ("the Indemnitees") harmless from any claims, actions, proceedings, costs (including reasonable legal fees) and expenses brought or asserted by a third party against any of the Indemnitees arising as a result of the Promoter's use of the entrant's submission including but not limited to any breach of third party intellectual property rights.
10. By participating in this promotion, you agree to release, discharge and hold us harmless from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from your participation in this promotion (save that nothing shall limit our liability for fraud, or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence).
11. By submitting your entry, you grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, and make derivative works of your entry in any media and through any media channel, including, but not limited to, on digital screens in central London for a short period during August or September 2017, and on the Magnum social media channels. You hereby acknowledge and agree that your entry may need to be adapted/retouched to fit the required specifications for display.
12. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
13. There are 5 prizes to be won. Each of the 5 winners will have their image displayed on digital screens in central London, as part of a Magnum marketing campaign. The best image as chosen by judges will also have their image displayed on the @Magnum Instagram feed and on the @MagnumUK Twitter feed.
14. All entries received by the closing date will be reviewed by our panel. The best 5 entries in the opinion of our panel (i.e. those that fit best with the Magnum brand) will have their image used in a Magnum digital advertising campaign. The intention is that they will be displayed on digital screens in central London for a week during August 2017. The best image of these 5, as chosen by our panel, will have their image displayed on the @Magnum Instagram feed and on the @MagnumUK Twitter feed. No payment will be made for usage of the images. In the event of any dispute, the decision of the Promoter is final. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into.
15. The winners will be notified by an email from email@example.com within 2 days of the closing date.
16. The winners’ details (name and county) may be made available on request to those writing to Magnum Instagram UGC Competition, Alix Colin, Unilever House, Springfield Dr, Leatherhead KT22 7GR within ten weeks after the closing date, enclosing a stamped SAE.
17. The winners hereby grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute and make derivative works of such testimonials in any media and through any media channel.
18. The winners may be required to participate in publicity arising from this promotion.
19. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Twitter. Entrants are providing information to the Promoter and not to Instagram or Twitter. Entrants release Instagram and Twitter for all claims and liabilities arising in respect of the promotion.
20. By entering the promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
21. These terms and conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Entrants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any such dispute or issues.
Promoter and Data Controller: Unilever UK Limited, Unilever House, Springfield Drive, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7GR (please do not send entries to this address).