Magnum Giveaway x Freshers Week
Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
1. This promotion is open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. To enter, visit @MagnumUK on Twitter and like, retweet and tag your university best friend on the Magnum GIVEAWAY X Freshers Week. Entrants should not include their own comments when retweeting.
For the entry to be valid, entrants must follow @MagnumUK on Twitter and tag a friend on the tweet. Any entrant found to use multiple Twitter accounts to enter will be ineligible.
Entrants entering Twitter must have their privacy settings on public for the duration of the competition to enable the Promoter to view their retweet.
3. The opening date for entries is 12:00pm BST on 22/09/2022 and the closing date for receipt of entries is 18:00pm BST 29/09/2022.
4. The promotion is limited to one entry per Twitter account. No entrant may win more than one prize.
5. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
6. By participating in this promotion, you agree to release, discharge and hold us harmless from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from your participation in this promotion (save that nothing shall limit our liability for fraud, or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence).
7. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
8. Each entry:
- a. must be suitable for display and publication online and should not be obscene or indecent (including but not limited to nudity, pornography or profanity), it must not contain defamatory statements or words or symbols that are offensive either generally or to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group. It must not include threats to any person, place, business or group, it must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity, and it must not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations or network standards;
- b. must not contain or refer to any products other than those of Magnum and it must not contain or reference any third party trade marks or logos (other than those of Magnum unless such inclusion is merely incidental and is not unduly prominent and as long as it is included with due cause and in such a way that it does not take unfair advantage of any third party trade marks; and
- c. must be the entrant’s own work and must not contain any copyright protected works (other than as owned by the entrant).
9. There are 4 winners in total. Each winner will receive a Magnum Prize Package.
10. The Magnum Prize Package includes:
- 1 Magnum branded Tote bag
- 5 Magnum paper coupons
- 1 Magnum branded sweatshirt (Classic or Remix)
- 1 Magnum branded notebook
- 1 Magnum branded water bottle
- 1 Magnum branded coffee cup
11. All valid entries received on or before the closing date will be entered into a random name generator. The four entries drawn at random will win the prize. In the event of any dispute, the decision of the Promoter is final. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into.
12. The winners will be notified by a Twitter direct message from @MagnumUK within 28 days of the closing date . The winners must claim their prize by responding to the direct message from the Magnum UK account confirming their full name and email address within 28 days of the notification . Afterwards, a Unilever representative will be in contact regarding the delivery address for the prize postage. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the promotion rules.
13. The winner's details (name and county) may be made available on request to those writing to Summer’s worth of Magnum Prize Draw, Unilever UK Limited, Unilever House, Springfield Drive, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7GR within ten weeks after the closing date, enclosing a stamped SAE.
14. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. Entrants are providing information to the Promoter and not to Twitter. Entrants release Twitter for all claims and liabilities arising in respect of the promotion.
16. These terms and conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Entrants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any such dispute or issues.
Promoter and Data Controller: Unilever UK Limited, Unilever House, Springfield Drive, Leatherhead, KT22 7GR (please do not send entries to this address)