1. The promoter is Unilever South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”).
2. The promotional competition is open to all South African residents in possession of a valid identity document over the age of 18 years.
3. The promotional competition is not open to any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
4. By participating in this competition participants agree to receive future marketing material from the brand/s on promotion. However, the participant has the right to unsubscribe to receiving marketing material or request the promoter to delete their information by contacting the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department or opting out from any electronic marketing message.
6. This promotional competition is open from 1 June 2022 to 31 August 2022. Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
7. To enter, participants will be required to purchase 2 Magnum ice creams at participating retailers, dial the USSD line *120*3785# and follow the USSD prompts to enter. Participants must keep their till slips as proof of purchase.
8. Participants may enter as many times as they wish, provided that they have a valid till slip for each entry.
9. Participants will be charged R0.20 for 20 seconds per interaction via USSD.
10. The breakdown of the prizes are as below:
a. Sorbet vouchers to the value of R500
b. Netflix Yearly Subscribtions to the value of R2000
c. Fuel cards to the value of R500
d. Cash to the value of R1000
e. Magnum Hampers to the value of R1000
f. Dining & stay over experience to the value of R35000 at: Level 4 (JHB), 9th Avenue (DBN), Nobu (CT)
g. SPA Pamper experience to the value of R12000 at: Houghton Hotel SPA (JHB), Oyster Box SPA (DBN), One & Only SPA (CT)
h. UCOOK subscriptions for 3 months to the value of R12000
11. Prizes are not exchangeable and non-transferable.
12. The Winners will be selected by means of a random draw held on 30 June 2022, 29 July 2022 and 31 August 2022. Winners will be notifitied telephonically or via social media upon which they will be required to verify their details. The organizers will endeavour to contact the prize winners once every day for 5 consecutive working days after their name is drawn. However, if they cannot be reached and do not return the call, the person/s will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected in accordance with the rules.
13. The Winner will need to supply all the information required correctly (Email address, contact number, residential address) within 7 days of notification to claim the prize.
14. The prize is not exchangeable for cash and not transferable. The Promoter is not liable for any defect in the prize. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute prize with any other prize of comparable commercial value or the cash equivalent, as determined by the Promoter.
15. If any taxes, levies, duties or any charges whatsoever are levied on a prize by any competent authority outside of the prize package, the winner will be liable for these and the prize value will not be increased to compensate for such charges.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to use any images taken of the winner for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without any further remuneration being made payable to the winner, and may require the winner to be identified, photographed and published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television, when accepting his/her prize and/or after having received his/her prize. However, the winner has the right to object to these images being used and must formally notify the Promoter, in writing, of such objection, after being informed that he/she is the winner.
17. In the event that the prize/s are/is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value.
18. Neither the Promoter nor employee, director, officer, member, partner, agent, consultant, advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, supplier, affiliates and/or associated companies of the Promoter shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant.
19. The Promoter will require the Winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification document to enable the Promoter to ensure compliance with these rules and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Should any Winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such Winner will be deemed to have rejected the prize and it shall revert back to the Promoter to select another Winner.
20. A copy of these rules can be found on the Magnum South Africa website throughout the period of the competition or can be obtained from the Consumer Call Centre on telephone number 0860-572-861.
21. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
22. The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotion that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
23. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
25. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
26. The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents.
27. Neither the Promoter, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant or the Winner.
28. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
29. Participation in the promotional competition constitutes acceptance of the promotional competition rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.