Magnum & Ascot Competition
Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
1. This competition is open to residents of the UK aged 18 or over except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents, or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. Entry Requirements:
- For Ascot Newsletter subscribers who have received the competition email, follow the link in the email, fill in the entry form with your full name, email address and answer the questions on the form to register for the competition.
- For entrants entering via Twitter, follow the competition link contained in the relevant Twitter post, fill in the entry form with your full name, email address and answer the questions on the form to register for the competition.
3. The opening date for entries is 12.00pm BST on 11/5/22 and the closing date for receipt of entries is 23.59pm BST on 25/5/22.
4. The promotion is limited to one entry per name and email address. No entrant may win more than one prize. The form will only be accessible by each email address once.
5. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions. All entries are limited to maximum of one per profile and must be original comments, quote tweets will not be counted as entries.
6. By participating in this promotion, you agree to release, discharge and hold us harmless from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from your participation in this promotion (save that nothing shall limit our liability for fraud, or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence).
7. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
8. There is one prize to be won in total. The winner will win a year's supply of Magnum ice cream. A year's supply of Magnum ice cream means 24 coupons, each worth £5 (the coupons are worth £120 in total).
9. Prize Coupon specifics:
- a. The winner will be able to redeem the coupons when purchasing any Magnum multipack or tub ice cream up to a maximum value of £5 from participating Tesco and Asda stores (excluding online). Winners will also be able to purchase Mini Almond Remix 6 multipacks in participating Waitrose stores (excluding online).
- b. One £5 coupon can be used per transaction. Where the price of the product is priced above £5, the coupon holder must pay the difference in that transaction.
- c. Use of the coupons is subject to the terms and conditions on the coupons. The coupons may not be resold under any circumstances.
- d. All coupons are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and non-refundable and there is no cash alternative in whole or in part unless otherwise stated above.
- e. The coupons are redeemable until 23:59 GMT on 31 December 2022.
- f. The coupons are redeemable at all participating Tesco and Asda major stores (excluding online).
10. All valid entries received by the closing date will be entered into a random number generator. The first entry drawn at random will win the prize. In the event of any dispute, the decision of the Promoter is final. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into.
11. The winner will be notified that they have won by email from a Unilever email address from a member of the Magnum team within 7 days of the closing date. The winner must claim their prize by responding to the email with their full name, email address and postal address within 14 days of receiving the email. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse, and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the competition rules.
12. The winner's details (name and county) may be made available on request to those writing to Unilever UK Limited, Unilever House, Springfield Drive, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7GR within ten weeks after the closing date, enclosing a stamped SAE.
13. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Twitter. Entrants are providing information to the Promoter and not to Twitter.
15. These terms and conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Entrants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any such dispute or issues.
Promoter and Data Controller: Unilever UK Limited, Unilever House, Springfield Drive, Leatherhead, KT22 7GR (please do not send entries to this address)